Custom Search

Friday, May 29, 2009

QUOTES - famous person

Have you noticed that all the people in favor of birth control are already born ? -- Benny Hill

"To waken interest and kindle enthusiasm is the sure way to teach easily and successfully"(Tyron Edwards)

If you never want to see a man again, say, 'I love you, I want to marry you. I want to have children...' - they leave skid marks. -- Rita Rudner

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them."
--Albert Einstein

One of the most difficult things in the world is to convince a woman that
even a bargain costs money. -- Edgar Watson Howe

I've been in love with the same woman for forty-one years. If my wife finds out, she'll kill me. -- Henry Youngman

We spend the first twelve months of our children's liv! es teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up. -- Phyllis Diller

"If you want happiness for a lifetime, help someone else." (Chinese Proverb)

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life." (Chinese Proverb)

Start every day with a smile and get it over with. -- W.C. Fields

"A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary" (Thomas Carruthers)

Why is it that the teaching is the last thing I have time for?" (Judy Domeny Bowen)

We must believe in luck. For how else can we explain the success of those we don't like?
-Jean Cocturan

"Education makes people easy to lead, but difficult to drive; easy to govern, but impossible to enslave." (Henry Peter Broughan)

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bike. Then I realized that The Lord doesn't work that way, so I stole one and asked him to forgive me. -- Erno Philips

Always and never are two words you should always remember never to use. -- Wendell Johnson

"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." (Kahlil Gibran)

"Never regard study as a duty, but as the enviable opportunity to learn to know the liberating influence of beauty in the realm of the spirit for your own personal joy and to the profit of the community to which your later work belongs." (Einstein)

No comments:

Post a Comment